- Country: Norway
- Member since: Jan 2011
- Login status: Offline
About meI am a right-brain person in a left-hemisphere world!
My workMost of my working life has been spent as a language person in the tech industry, as a translator, research analyst and now a writer...Though the other hat I have worn on and off, career-wise, is that of lifestyle journalist. In the US I worked for Forbes.com, and in India I worked for Businessworld magazine. Somehow I ended up writing articles on vintage car rallies for both those publications! I also wrote numerous articles on how to collect everything from tribal rugs to video arcade games.
There for a while I also wrote short book reviews for the New York Times. More recently I've been contributing essays and reviews to cultural journals like Pulse Berlin and Contemporary Practices.
- At the movies I like to see:something that confuses or surprises me
- Favorite author:Too many to list, many of them Russian. Dostoevsky, Gogol, Tolstoy, Chekhov... Also Nietzsche, Jung, WG Sebald...
- Last book read:Soul Dust: The Magic of Consciousness by Nicholas Humphrey
- Fashion I rather not see again:platform flip-flops (slap, slap)
- I want my coffee..:now, please! Milky and a little bit sweet.
- Food I like:rice and spice