The Natural Wonders of Asia
By Lindalindatram. Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:25:01 AM
* Longest natural sandy beach
* Unbroken sandy beach for 77.67 Miles (125 km)
* Located in Bangladesh
* Also known by the name Palongkee and the name Panowa which means "yellow flower."
* Also referred to as "sea of salt"
* At 1,378 feet (420 m) below sea level, the shores are the lowest place on the earth's surface.
* It is 1,247 feet (380 m) deep
* 8.6 times saltier than the ocean
* Series of limestone mountains following the Li River
* Features seven peaks that collectively make up Seven-Star Park
* Located in China along the Li River
* Formerly called Yishan Mountain
* Part of a series of mountains called the Huangshan Mountains
* Located in the south of Anhui Province, China
* Encompasses 154 sq km of scenic area
* Also known as Donbavand
* Highest peak in Iran and the Middle East
* Highest volcano in all of Asia
* Largest tidal halophytic mangrove forest in the world
* Encompasses 10,000 square kilometers
* Name means "beautiful jungle" or "beautiful forests"
* Located mostly in Bangladesh with part in West Bengal, India
* A two atoll coral reef system located in the Sulu Sea
* Smaller atoll is 3 miles (5 km long) and 3 km wide
* Larger atoll is 10 miles (16 km) long and 3 miles (5 km) wide
* Name combined from two words which mean "long reef exposed at low tide"
* Largest oasis in Saudia Arabia and all of Asia
* Encompasses 30,000 acres (12,000 hectares)
* Surrounded by approximately 3 million date palms