Charles E. Schumer (D-NY )
United States Senate
313 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0001
With reference to the current debate proposals in the US Senate, I hereby offer some very important concerns within the Immigrant Communities, that needs to be addressed wisely, rationally, and comprehensively.
Senator Charles Schumer,
A Comprehensive Immigration Law/Bill is needed in the USA:
1. How could any illegal/undocumented immigrant provide work related information for tax payments or exemptions?
2. Acceptance of any foreigner, who is not a security/national threat to the country, and has satisfied the Legal Immigration entry requirements.
3. Grant residence status to those who have satisfied the above requirements: Displayed respect for our national constitution & local laws: And have not committed any felonious act/s while in residence here.
4. Grant Legal Residence Status to those who have overstayed their visas, and are unable to return to their homeland, for fear of reprisals, retribution, and/or financial inability to re-enter the USA.
5. Seeking asylum for political, religious, or racial/ethnic reasons, should be considered eligible for legal residence status.
6. Any person/s who have tested HIV positive while living in the USA: Have entered the country legally: Have been residing here for over one year prior to being tested HIV positive, should be granted legal residence status, on humanitarian grounds.
7. Ensuring that our national borders are adequately policed: Persons entering or leaving our sovereign territories, must provide the necessary legal papers or identity.
8. All immigrants, legal or illegal must be allowed to access medical/emergency assistance from any hospital or clinic in The USA, without being asked for his/her legal residence status documents.
9. Grant Legal Residence Status to those who fall under the category of P.R.U.C.O.L., or (Persons Residing Under The Color Of Law). These people legally entered the US, but overstayed their VISA requirement.
Derryck S. Griffith.
Educator-Advocate & Blogger.http://my.opera.com/BringBaka/https://www.facebook.com/derryckgriffith