Saturday, November 19, 2011 5:47:13 PM
We started with scrumptious appies before getting on the bus.
The bus tour was a trivia contest stopping at all the local hangouts from days of lore. DJ Jack n Coke spun the tunes.
Some of the trivia questions can be repeated here for those who did not get the answers....
First stop was...... Where else, but the Wheelhouse
1) Why did Bryan always wear sunglasses in the pub?
2) What did the cooks find in the kitchen on Nov. 1?
3) Bonus question related to number 2, what was Mike wearing when he walked down 128th at 6:00 am, and where did he sleep the night before?
4) Double Bonus question - where did the other 2 vikings end up that night? (Hopefully someone can answer this, as the other two vikings have no recollection)
You might want to consider whether you have a drinking problem when.........
The Wheel was not quite as busy on a Friday night nowadays compared to the Denise, Yvonne and Trina days, when we would have to phone ahead to get let in the side door if we arrived after 8:00pm. Do you remember the inconvenience of having to stop at a pay phone, find a quarter, and call them. No cell phones, how did we survive the dark ages?
However, just like the old days, the girls were still checking us out ( My memory is selective and creative)
Next stop was Hildie's house
There were 4 or 5 guys hanging out watching TV when we turned up. Boy were they surprised when an instant party turned up on their front lawn. Some of them joined in the picture, and then one of them said, "Hey for a 50th Birthday party these girls are hot, lets join the bus tour". Unfortunately for them, the bus was at it's capacity.
5) What was the "Code" to get someone to answer the phone at Hildies? This was in the days before caller ID. Correctly answered by Jay
6) What colour was the swivel chair in the living room and who peed in it?
7) What was on Keith's face in the morning when he failed to look in the full wall mirror behind the bar, before walking home to breakfast with his Mum and Dad?
8) There was one other question but Sue was not on the bus, and it is not suitable for family viewing.
Old Guy Bryan
PS for those interested in more current news, we did survive the A3 concert last night, but only just barely.