DVD Region Free!
Friday, October 24, 2008 3:32:11 AM
I bought from the actual Best Buy building at $40 a Toshiba DVD player model number: SD-4100.
Then when I got home I did these steps before anything:
- Powered on the player.
- Opened the disk tray.
- With the remote, entered the numbers 9 8 7 9
- Then press 0. This sets the DVD player to fully unlocked mode, allowing dvds purchased from anywhere in the world to operate on this player.
- Closed the disk tray.
- Powered off the player and then powered it back on.
You can do this with many other dvd players, THEY WILL HAVE DIFFERENT STEPS TO "UNLOCKING", some with up conversion to HD and all the razzle-dazzle bells and whistles that my model doesnt have (here is a nicer player from Philips with a simple hack found at Walmart for $55). If you want a different dvd player look across what you can find in best buy stores from This List. Then cross-match the model number on This Unlocking Code List. If a hacking result turns up, call the store and see if they have that specific model in stock before you drive to the store. You can also check Walmart, Circuit City, Target, Saturn (Poland), or other close-by places of business that have websites too.
- Playback of: DVD, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, VCD, SVCD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, JPEG and MP3 formats
- 3D surround
- Dolby Digital and DTS sound decoders
- ColorStream Pro progressive-scan component video output
- 108MHz/14-bit video digital-to-analog (D/A) conversion
- Outputs: coaxial digital audio, composite video, 1 audio, 1 S-video, 1 component video, 1 stereo audio
- 1.7" thin chassis