- Age: 32
- Sex: Male
- Country: United States
- Occupation: Office Ninja
- Member since: Feb 2006
- Forum posts: 428
- Wii friend code: 6656 3681 4558 7950
- Xbox Live Gamertag: DotEd Live
- ICQ 5315411
- IRC DotEd [at] irc.opera.com
- Yahoo!: Ed_Palumbo
- AOL: Battle Happen
- Skype SpecialAttack
- Web site: http://EdPalumbo.me
- Login status: Offline
About me[/IMG]My name is Ed Palumbo. A lot of people know me as .ed or DotEd and I make Beam Katanas and History.
I keep myself submerged in emerging tech culture. I have a degree in Business Management, Organizational Behavior, and Leadership with focuses in Marketing and Philosophy.
I'm Community Manager for Opera Software USA.
I also run N+ with a group of out of control MyOpera users.
I get some questions about why my ICQ number is too short. That's because I've been doing this internet socialization thing since the early 90's and I think I downloaded ICQ in 1993/4. It's actually my number.
My workSee http://www.linkedin.com/in/edpalumbo
- At the movies I like to see:Things I can't predict.
- Music I listen to:Honestly, a lot of 1930's era.
- Best album right now:I'm listening to Sneaker Pimps and Massive Attack lately.
- Favorite author:Douglas Coupland and Philip K. Dick's concepts are awesome.
- Last book read:The Tipping Point
- Best game right now:Scribblenauts
- Favorite sports team:I love being able to say I don't care much about professional sports, at least American sports.
- I'm passionate about:building on who I am, the electronic entertainment industry, the future, design, forward thinking, Japan
- I wish I could:Move to LA without having to give up my cat, family, some friends, and my youth.
- Favorite travel destination:Huntington Beach, CA
- On my vacation I..:pack more survival gear than i do clothing.
- If I won 1 million dollars, I would:Donate, Invest, and start a modern Guerilla Marketing Firm. On June 13th 2006 (while waiting for my morning train) I realized I should have gone into cinematography, so I would use my money to help realize that goal as well.
- If I were a super hero I would:worry about insurance.
- Fashion I rather not see again:Tights as pants
- My worst purchase ever:"work clothes"
- I want my coffee..:black and not too hot, but I learned the hard way: http://my.opera.com/DotEd/blog/2007/06/08/doted-vs-espen-coffee-drinking-challenge
- Food I like:Tacos, Spicy foods, Cheese, Grilled foods, Ocean Creatures, Sushi, new foods (like a grilled chicken stuffed baked potato)
- I don't like:Sony Computer Entertainment warranty periods, people who misinterperate Japanese pop culture
- Hardware I use:iPhone 3GS, Wii, DSi, Macbook Pro, Volvo C30 T5 R Design
- I discovered My Opera from:my own curiosity.
Nintendo DS, O RLY? YA RLY. NO WAI!!!, Street team, Nintendo Wii, Welcome to 9, N +, Parkour, Signature Visions, Pizza People, The Inquisitors, The My Opera Content Team, SigEp NJ Zeta, Penguins +, Absinth Minded, Gaming Content, Ook+, Opera Street Team, Legend Of All Gaming, Opera Employees, My Opera Moderators, Opera's Anime and Manga, The Style Council, Usability Forum, Apple Fans, My 0.02$ on Opera Community development, Gamestyle, Opera Prizes, Opera Desktop Team, graffiti, Opera Around the World, 365 Photos, Opera Software, IT, Paws and Claws, Opera News, DrLaunch blog designs, Pokémon +, Opera TV, Urban Exploration, Duct-Tape Crafterz, Game Helperz, I+, "Coffee Lovers" , Blue Beanie Day, Opera Writers Competition 2009, Round 2-Opera 09 Interns Contest, Online Writer Finalists, The King of Fighters Brasil, Overjoid, Joe and Buzz