Here are the rules:
pick up the book you are reading...turn to page 123 and post on your blog the fifth paragraph. put title and author of book... and post it on your blog of course! ...and then tag five others...
THE BOOK OF FIVE RINGS
TRANSLATED FROM THE JAPANESE
BY Thomas Cleary
The Book of Family Traditions
on the Art of War
BY Yagyu Munenori
[/IMG]Page 123, Paragraph 5:
The Free Mind
Master Zhongfeng said, "Embody the free-minded mind." There are elementary and advanced levels of applying this saying.
That's kind of a jip, as the paragraph is really tiny. And I put so much work in to accurately recreating the title page... sorry, I didn't know. However, I've decided to spice this up a little with Miyamoto Musashi's rules for learing the art of his military science:
Now to "tag five others..."
- Think of what is right and true.
- Practice and cultivate the science.
- Become acquainted with the arts.
- Know the principles of the crafts.
- Understand the harm and benefit in everything.
- Learn to see everything accurately.
- Become aware of what is not obvious.
- Be careful even in small matters.
- Do not do anything useless.