- Abraham Lincoln
A quote that can pretty much be a headline for the current phase of my life; as in this phase I decided to have anything but an ordinary life, knock each door, and seize every opportunity in my search for freedom, achievement, and growth.
I came across the Opera Marketing Trainee internship opportunity by absolute accident, and I have to say that I am really enthusiastic for this position, as it serves one of the things I am pursuing: "growth".
To be honest I decided to prepare this blog post just for the application for this position, I am not really fond of writing about myself or "Marketing" myself, although that's what I've been doing online for years: Online Marketing through my web based marketing agency - Designs Capital.
As a brief introduction of who I am (Personal - Professional stuff later):
"I believe the best thing to say to describe myself briefly in few words is that I am always up to new challenges and thrive in competitive atmosphere.
I have been studying and possess experience in project management – specially online projects - in addition to years of extra curricular activities, community organizations and student events, which made me realize the importance of working with diversities, and the importance of being exposed to different cultures, in developing one's mentality, tolerance and openness to new ideas."
Even this opportunity, I knew about this internship through AIESEC Exchange, as I am an Exchange member in the Local Committee of AIESEC American University in Cairo.
I'll not go into further details about the experience I have as I don't want this to look like a cover letter, It better be a user friendly blog post that just simplifies the idea in a nutshell.
What's on my ID card?
I'm an Egyptian Citizen
Residing in Italy - for an internship in Reckitt Benckiser Group Market Research - Supply Chain management (Middle East and Africa Sourcing)
Senior bachelor's degree student in the faculty of Commerce (Accounting, Management, Business Administration and Economics) - Alexandria University
- 22 Year old, Turning 23 on August 30th (I hope I can celebrate my birthday in Norway : ) )
- I speak native English and native Arabic
- I am learning Spanish, Italian and Greek
What's NOT on my ID card?
- Egyptian at heart- Mediterranean at everything : )
- I consider myself as a global citizen, not strictly affected by any particular culture which resulted in a mix of Egyptian - American - European filtered personality.
- I thrive in a competitive atmosphere
- I Love traveling more than I love soccer- although soccer is like a second religion for Egyptians, so yeah this is big.
- Love working with diversity of people, getting exposed to new cultures and introducing my own mixed culture.
- Born and raised in Egypt, grew my identity by having more than a 1000 friend in different countries all around Europe, and enriched it with many months spent in San Francisco every year.
- Have a 9 year freelancing experience when it comes to E-Marketing and Advertisement, and again no to make this sound like a cover letters, you can check my resume for my course over time.
Why Should Opera Choose me? (Professional stuff):
1. You can check www.DesignsCapital.com; as it is the online portfolio introducing most of my work since 2001, including Websites, Social Media campaigns, brand and logo design and much more.
2. They are looking for "creative and structured Marketing Trainee with a passion for social media, Web technology and the mobile Internet."; This simply defines my life and my career for almost 9 years - since 2001 - again you then take a look again at www.DesignsCapital.com and decide yourself.
3. They are looking for someone to "build and grow our user base in Egypt and other Arabic-speaking countries through both online and offline channels.":
- I lived in Egypt for almost 20 years of my life, born and raised there and have been extremely active in all kinds of student, professional and senior level events. Which gives me the edge of really understanding the Egyptian way of life, and understanding how to advertise a product or a service there
- I have the native language asset - native Egyptian - which is understood by all Arabic speakers, while other dialects may not be as understood.
- I have very good experiencing researching the Middle East/North African market - even during my current position
- Minimum Bachelor's level preferred CHECK - Senior year Bachelor's student.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Arabic and English CHECK
- Expertise in social media CHECK
- Extensive knowledge of Web technology CHECK
- Marketing excellence CHECK
5. Still not convinced?
- You can visit my LinkedIn profile
- You can check my Facebook page
- You can check DesignsCapital's Facebook page.
6. I believe that Opera is a very good continuation point for me to actually go forwards with pursuing my dreams and aspirations, not to mention that I was religiously loyal to the web browser since 2004 : ), so I believe it’s time I represent it - and of course I am joking here.
7. Not convinced?
Give it a chance and schedule an interview with me, and let’s see how it goes : )
See you in OSLO!
Have a great day from sunny Venice.
Shokran, Efxaristou poli, Grazie , Thank you and Tusen Takk
Just FYI: I had to write this entire post only in BB Codes, so if you don't find it very creative or eye catching please bear with me as I don't have any HTML editor on this computer to be able to show off .