Comments originally on a Facebook post which are to numerous to recite here.
After reading all of the comments here, several things stand out: 1) There are two basic groups here, one group that trusts in man (Science) as the highest authority, and the other that trusts in God (Holy Bible) as the highest authority. These are the two cited sources of authority supporting the arguments.
2) Also there is the volleying back and forth of truth and supposed truth. I say truth and supposed truth because of the disagreement. If all here were speaking truth there would be no disagreement as all truth is self agreeing. In other words truth is never in conflict with truth. Truth only conflicts with non truth, a construct outside of reality also known as a lie. Supposed truth is by default within the category of a construct lacking the total reality to define it as truth though it may have some component of truth it is not truth if tainted in the slightest. To use Biblical metaphor, this is why God by definition, who is perfect is also called Truth. Because there is no taint in God or in truth as they are one in the same. Satan, the Biblical nemeses prime of God was part of truth that became corrupted. Once the chief angel named Lucifer; God's most glorious creation before man was created, himself wanted to be coequal with God. His rebellion cost him his position, name and home. Now, Satan is twisted truth or the father of lies.
3) It is evident that truth has a quality that enables it to stand alone. It is not dependent upon interpretation to give it legs to stand if you will, rather truth gives the legs their ability. Truth is also not altered by natural forces including time. In the summation (2+2=4) which is true; it's nature of truth can never be altered by anything. Neither cosmic forces, denial, ignorance or time itself can change or somehow alter the nature that two plus two equates to four. Because of this, truth is eternal. It has always existed and will continue long after the universe.
Truth therefore has not been created by man, it can only be sought, discovered, acknowledged and received. Conversely, it can not be sought, missed, ignored or denied.
4) It is evident that man is not a perfect eternal creature (present state) but a limited, corrupted one. It stands to reason that man could not have created truth as nothing imperfect can create that which is perfect. Therefore, man can only accept or deny truth. Man cannot be depended upon for the sole source of knowledge as it is beyond man.
5) Science is man's imperfect methodology in search of truth or that which is perfect when honestly approached. Because it is man's methodology, by definition it is imperfect and therefore cannot be cited as a sole authority. It only has credibility when in agreement with truth. Because it is imperfect it is subject to scrutiny and change when unforseen truth illuminates it where it was once dark. Discoveries in science are arrived at through testing of physical material through physical processes. Conclusions are drawn from empirical data of results of the behavior of the tested processes with limited knowledge. Science is therefore limited and does not speak to all things as in that which is beyond the physical and natural or the spiritual and supernatural. There is a school of thought among scientists of not accepting the supernatural. Science however did not lead to that thought process as it does not speak to that area. It is a prejudice of only accepting the familiar, or nature, and rejecting the unfamiliar or super-nature. That belief however is not scientifically drawn through data as the the supernatural is not scientifically testable. It is a personal assertion based upon a preference. It is an act of faith.
It is reasonable to assert the existence of the supernatural as it possess the quality of truth. Truth is the brigade of both realms. It is therefore reasonable to cite the Bible as an authority of truth as it has uniquely withstood all assaults of it's integrity as concerns truth.
6) Science, when approached properly leads to truth within physical processes. It is therefore not in conflict with truth or the Bible. It is only the conclusions that some scientists have purported which were beyond the realm of science that conflict with the Bible. Evolution is a perfect example of this. Evolution is not testable, therefore conclusions drawn about it are not science, they're philosophical. This is why it is called the theory of evolution, not the law or fact of evolution.
7) Because science is limited knowledge and therefore subject to change as is evidenced by the history of science, it is reasonable to conclude science doesn't yet have a full grasp of the human genome or the supposed "gay gene." Even if it did that doesn't negate that homosexuality is the adverse condition that evolutionists would claim natural selection is in the process of eliminating, if you accept that theory. Homosexuality would tend toward the extinction of the human species not it's preservation. Homosexuality is therefore nature's adverse condition not a preferable one.
8) There is only one preference for homosexuality and that is the human will. The will is so powerful that often neither fact, evidence, truth or God himself can penetrate it. It takes humility to see and accept truth which is why children often can and adults can't.
This was something Jesus addressed when he said:
"Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God." Matthew 5:8 NKJV
And, they shall see truth!