Review of last hash, trip to Lourdes
Friday, March 30, 2007 9:36:13 AM
As you may have read in "a weekend off"
, we seem to be pretty busy every weekend nowadays. After not
having that weekend off last time (we spent the evening with the next door neighbours for the first time... which resulted in a brain-dead Sunday) we will be travelling to Lourdes tomorrow!
No, not a pilgrimage, it's a trip because:
- my birthday's coming up
- we wanted to do something different
- we've never taken the train in France
- JazzMoss has a free rail ticket for the Midi-Pyrénées region
- Lourdes is as far south-west as you can go on that ticket (we've done most other directions already)
- we've never been there but have heard about it all our lives.
So, weather permitting, we'll be up early tomorrow and in Lourdes by lunchtime. Nothing planned, we'll just take it as it comes. Maybe we can find a bus to take us to the nearby Pic du Midi (an observatory and restaurant perched on a spectacular mountain-top)
, otherwise I suppose we'll just wander around taking pictures in town.
In case you're interested, photos
and a review
of our hash from two weeks ago have been put online...