Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:47:16 PM
- Lottsa people on the roads; where were they hiding the last time I was here.
- People smiling everywhere, generally at strangers too . An old lady smiled at me as I stopped to let her walk by; she seemed to be in a hurry to reach the station close by. Earlier in the day I smiled when a gentleman stopped to make way for me as I got off the train with my bags.
- I shared a laugh with two young girls clicking each other's pics near the King's palace. I asked if they want me to click a picture of both of them together.
- Lots of lively chatter around me.
- People eating ice cream; a delightful change from the usual coffee mugs n cigarettes in their hands.
- Mothers strolling around with their tiny tots.
- Kids chasing sparrows n pigeons. Occasionally I hear them shout with delight as the sparrow nibble on a piece of the sugar doughnut that they are throwing at them.
- Just witnessed 2 strangers, sitting n waiting on the same bench, get into a conversation.
- I also see people from various nationalities. Indians stood out in this crowd for me. But nobody looks at me n gives a nod of acknowledgment they hey "me too". Maybe there are just too many of us residing here.
- Someone playing music in the background. I can almost sing a Hindi song with lyrics to match that music.
- Oh yes, there's sunlight too. N lots of it to make you feel warm n nice.
- I see tourists sitting with maps n a brochure of the cruise on their laps. I'm sure they r gonna enjoy every touristy thing there is to experience in the city.
- And most of all I see color everywhere. In the winters they hide under the thick black jackets, but it's summer now Jackets must have been tucked inside closets and everyone looks different dressed in their own unique fashion.
P.S. I’m also looking forward to the next 3 days in office. The main reason for my travel this time; Gonna meet my communications team colleagues from across the world; Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Poland, Russia, US & Norway.