Kick Boxing... bring it on
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:18:05 PM
At first it did not seem like kick boxing is something i could do. But the insistent instructor at Gold's Gym convinced me for a trial session. It seemed different than regular gymming, so I thought why not
And there I was at the gym today all dressed for my first tryst with Kick Boxing.
It was just two students (including me) today and it felt like a good set up for a fresher to begin. It began with the regular exercises/ stretching but i was eager to start the real thing. I have never even seen someone practice kick boxing before, so i was pretty curious.
"Left foot in front, place toes of right feet behind you" began Ricky, my instructor and as soon as he said ONE I was supposed to kick in the air in front of me. Well what can I say after living in a city like Mumbai, to find a place where one can freely spread your arms and kick as high as possible - is a dream come true.
Feelings/ thoughts running in my mind then:
- wow this stretches my thighs and calf muscles
- lower back, which i abuse so much by sitting in front of my laptop for long, was also feeling the stretch
- kicks with the left foot need more punch
- maybe i will need gloves too in future; isn't this boxing after all
- maybe i will have to cut my long nails too, they hurt when i was made to punch with my fist
Well this was first day and i have not even enrolled formally. But i have all intentions to test myself on this sport. Bring it on Ricky..... One two three four, one one two, one two three, one one..... having fun