- Age: 65
- Sex: Male
- Occupation: defending truth, freedom, justice
- Member since: Nov 2009
- Login status: Offline
About meLong ago, I set out to change the world. Instead, the world changed me. I discovered, first of all, that many of my political beliefs were based on lies. Out of necessity, I then began to question the information in the media. I began to think for myself, and that, still, is one of my greatest pleasures. My aim, ever since, has been to free others from the system of harmful beliefs we inflict on ourselves.
My workPython programmer and would-be novelist.
- At the movies I like to see:Partition, House of Spirits
- Last movie seen:Partition
- Music I listen to:none -- love jazz and blues, but music is too good to enjoy alone
- Favorite author:Jack Vance (fantasy writer)
- Best game right now:Freecell (card game, solitaire)
- Favorite sports team:Roger Federer
- I'm passionate about:peace and freedom, truth and justice, ideas, and women
- I wish I could:hug everybody, warm hearts, open eyes everywhere; throw out my junk
- Favorite travel destination:the old Soviet Union: It was a land of the heart
- If I won 1 million dollars, I would:use it to create a community
- If I were a super hero I would:free the Palestinians
- Fashion I rather not see again:clothes, especially formal clothes
- I want my coffee..:black
- Food I like:vegetarian
- I don't like:injustice
- Software I use:SuSE Linux!
- Hardware I use:used desktop, keytronic keyboard
- I discovered My Opera from:on-line commentary
Why I choose the Opera browser
Initially, it was the keyboard interface: I'd rather type than point and click.
Then, ten years or so ago, when I discovered Linux, I found that Opera runs on Linux.
Today, Firefox also runs on Linux, but Firefox lacks e-mail support. That's why I introduced a friend to Opera when I installed Linux on her defective Microsoft system: Opera solved her e-mail problem.