Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:26:52 PM
Since transnational corporations and foreign lobbies now dominate our government, we must take back the government before we can use the government to reign in the corporations and lobbies. But take back is impossible under the current election system, because the system is designed to keep the elite in power: No matter what we vote for, we end up with the same anti-American policies.
In short, we need a different form of democracy, one that is not based on the facade of an election circus. I am amazed to find that such a form already exists, and has existed since the time of ancient Greece.
Almost all Greek writers who mention democracy (including Aristotle, Plato and Herodotus) both emphasise the role of selection by lot or state outright that being allotted is more democratic than elections. For example Aristotle says:
"it is thought to be democratic for the offices to be assigned by lot, for them to be elected is oligarchic,"
We see the same idea in the 18th century after the re-emergence of democracy in the writings of Charles de Secondat, baron de Montesquieu:
"The suffrage by lot is natural to democracy, as that by choice is to aristocracy"
-- wikipedia, "Sortition"
This method has also been used successfully in certain modern contexts. In fact, studies show that it produces better results than non-random appointments!
Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:05:37 AM
Trillion-dollar war industry buys out Amnesty International
War-making is a trillion-dollar business. With that kind of money to play with, the war-makers and their friends are able to corrupt almost everything they touch. Look at how they have corrupted the Noble Peace Prize, for example: The recipient of the prize immediately escalated twice and has now started more war than his war-addicted predecessor!
So we have learned that presidents cannot be trusted. They cave under pressure. But what about the human rights organizations (HRO's). We believe that the people who lead these cash-starved organizations are Incorruptible and Pure and free of ties to the War System. We cannot even imagine them ever lying to us.
For that very reason, the propaganda arm of the War System regards the HRO as an enormous asset. Where we may doubt what the head of Halliburton or Dyncorp or Blackwater is telling us, we would never think to doubt the head of an HRO.
Here then is how the revolving door operates:
- The HRO, bowing to the demands of rich donors, issues a dire report on "Human Rights" in the targeted country
- Guilt-ridden liberals call for the War Machine and its government to "DO somethine! Do ANYTHING!" to save the persecuted
- CNN uses pictures of dead children to whip liberals into War Frenzy; who actually killed the children is insinuated without proof
- The War Machine flattens the targeted country, killing tens or hundreds of thousands, including countless children
- Human rights in the targeted country cease to exist, as the survivors scramble over the corpses
- The HRO instantly loses interest in the targeted country and "moves on" to cheering for the next big slaughter
Could this actually happen? It just has!