N+ At E3: Nintendo 2012
By AntonCaptainSeagull. Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:29:15 AM
Are you ready for the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2012? Stay tuned to to this post for a LIVE journaling of the show! Just read more past the break and keep refreshing the page, that's it! This year Nintendo has stated that most of the show will be dedicated to WiiU, but we are going to prepare ourselves for 3DS news too, as well as Wii and DS news. For those of you on mobile phones who will be at work or school and can't sit glued to a screen, follow us on Twitter and have all of our news delivered to your mobile, we got it covered there too...
Black = Wii U / Red = 3DS & DS / Royal Blue = Wii
Monday: The show hasn't started yet. Tune in Tuesday (June 5 2012) at 9:00 AM PDT.
jayvee edit: We now have a Coverit chat going now!
Join in on the conversation by using the hashtag #Nplus!
Geoff is in the house!
11:57AM - I am scared that the feed has frozen. oh god no.
12:01PM - Keynote starts with Miyamoto leaving his dressing room with a bunch of Pikmin. He takes the stage. He is beautiful.
- Miyamoto talks about how it's been 6 years since the Wii launch, 5 since they thought up the WiiU. A BLACK WiiU system+game pad is next to him. He's holding it.
- Pikmin 3! There are pink Pikmin THAT FLY. You command the Pikmin, they are all so cute. I can't handle this. Rock Pikmin? The Pikmin will gather materials around to build bridges. New Rock Pikmin can be used to break objects. Motion Plus allows you to aim more precisely. Controls use Wiimote+Nunchuk. Opens gameplay up for more strategy. GIANT FRUIT!
- Game Pad always shows Pikmin World Map. Increases the ease of strategy, deepens the experience.
- You can use the Game Pad on it's own, makes it easier to traverse the map as well. You can set up to four "leaders" to control groups of Pikmin. There is a girl leader. Olimar isn't there, will find out about that later. Playable demo is live at E3.
- Fruit Collecting mode has the most strategy, collect as much as you can within the time frame.
- Pikmin 3 is developed with fun in mind. Deep, deep fun. Perfect for opening up casual gamers to hardcore games.
- Pikmin 3 is a brand new Pikmin game with a deeper detail of the characters thanks to the increased graphics, and more immersive gameplay.
12:10PM - Reggie takes the stage. Drops some knowledge. 23 WIIU GAMES AT E3 THIS YEAR. Hulu+, Netflix, Youtube, bam!
- WiiU will supports two GamePads. Woot.
- Also, included Stylus for PRECISION.
- Built in camera and mic, probable Skype. I'm calling it now.
- Miiverse. Group-centric online community. Will be accessible from WiiU, 3DS, and smartphones.
- New Super Mario Bros U will be online enabled, and with BABY YOSHIS.
- Online is in realtime, linked to the MiiVerse.
- Switch the game from the TV to the GamePad.
- The most hated friend gets to use the GamePad and "helpfully drop blocks."
- BATMAN. ARKHAM CITY. ON THE WIIU. ok it was announced last year but THEY ARE SHOWING IT OFF.
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition looks way better than the other versions, the HUD and inventory are on the GamePad, and the guy announcing it just said "GamePlad."
- ScribbleNauts Unlimited for the WiiU!
- Way more possibilities than before, also online support!
- Mass Effect 3. Ninja Gaiden 3. Trine 2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- WiiFit U. Reggie's body is ready.
- Trampolines! Super Soakers! Fitness!
- Sing for WiiU looks sad.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2! 3DS! August!
- Paper Mario 3DS: Sticker Star. OH YEAH. Collect stickers from across the overworld and use them to attack and stuff.
- Physical and Digital release coming this holiday.
Luigi's Mansion 2! Rainbow lights! New ghosts! This holiday!
Lego City looks flippin cool, yo. For WiiU. 3DS one coming soon, as well.
Ubisoft takes the stage. ZombiU. Rayman Legends. Both exclusives. Talking about how innovative and revolutionary the WiiU is. Thanks Nintendo for everything they have done.
Just Dance 4 has Wild Wild West. Must buy.
ZombiU is freaking scary. Uses the GamePad. Is amazing. You can get Zombified.
NintendoLand? Nintendoland. Think Wii Sports for the WiiU. SHows you what it all means. SHows you the point. LUIGI PACMAN SOMETHING TAKE MY MONEY. Will launch with the WiiU this holiday.
No new Zelda. Tragic.