Nintendo GDC Conference
By AntonCaptainSeagull. Wednesday, March 2, 2011 6:23:15 PM
The focus Iwata wanted to get across is that games need to be social (word of mouth and face to face style), and that there is much more content coming out of developers now, and less quality - primarily on smart phones and social networks. And that with Sony, MS, and Nintendo - who make consoles to play software developed for the machines, it's becoming difficult because the gambles are higher with investment into the production, and hopes that the game is received well. People who are involved in making games are also getting so specialized that the future may be missing the one master game designer of games.
However GDC does allow Nintendo to give us a couple peeks and specific titles and features:
- Netflix will be on 3DS - with streaming 3D movie trailers - and maybe soon: 3D movie streaming!
- Nintendo really wants 3D video recording to work... and is excited about something they cant say about it yet.
- eShop will include: DSi games, GB + GBC games, Gamegear and Turbografx, and classic games with added 3D vision!
- New Mario game is coming! 4 screens shown, as well as a TEMPORARY logo with a tail... that will be explained at E3!
- LoZ: Skyward Sword video is shown, it looks really fun, and includes a cool Skeleton Warrior "Aracula" type character.