Singing an Opera at SXSWi 2012
By Chris Millschrismills. Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:03:13 PM
As the SXSWi 2012 festival draws near, it's our pleasure to talk about what we're doing at the event. A number of Opera folks are converging on Austin Texas to have fun, say hi to y'all, talk geek, and give some great talks. Come along and catch us presenting the following sessions:
- Leaving Flatland: Getting Started with WebGL, featuring Luz Caballero: 5pm, Friday 9th March 2012. For an hour, Luz will team up with Sencha's Nicolas Garcia Belmonte to give you an overview of what WebGL can do, who supports it, and how you can get started with it quickly and easily.
- The State of Browser Developer Tools, featuring Mike Taylor: 9:30am, Saturday 10th March 2012. In this talk, Mike teams up with representatives from other browser vendors to discuss how browser debugging tools such as Opera Dragonfly address the needs of the modern web developer. You can Submit questions for this panel.
- HTML5 and CSS3: Does Now Really Mean Now? by Chris Mills: 12:30pm, Saturday 10th March 2012. Chris would like to present strategies for having your web design cake and eating it: using all that lovely HTML5 and CSS3 bling while keeping content accessible and usable in older browsers via polyfills, feature detection, and more.
Building Great Games in HTML5 by Erik Möller: 12:30pm, Saturday 10th March 2012. Erik took a platform game published on Win/Mac/iOS and turned its 100,000 line C++ code-base into an HTML5 game running on desktop, mobile and even TVs. In this presentation he talks about how he did it, sharing knowledge and experience of using
<canvas>, WebGL and COLLADA to produce awesome games.
- Browser Wars V: The Angry Birds Era, featuring Charles McCathie Nevile: 5pm, Saturday 10th March 2012. The SXSW institution returns! In this talk our very own Chaals joins other browser vendor folks to jostle, jibe, have fun, and discuss the latest developments in browsers and web technologies.
- CSS.next: Current Experiments, CSS4 and the Future, featuring Divya Manian and others: 12:30pm, Monday 12th March 2012. Here, Divya is joined by a team of fellow CSS experts to discuss where CSS is at now, how you can use some of the existing features to do great things, and where it will go in the future.
In addition we will be joined by Dev Relations leader and famous Belgian Andreas Bovens, Communications Manager Thomas Ford, Chief Technical Officer Håkon Wium Lie, Senior Community Manager Espen André Øverdahl, Marketing Communications dude Ed Palumbo, Senior Graphic Designer Dustin Wilson, and more Opera-tives!
Feel free to ask us questions on Twitter, on this site, or meet us face to face to claim your Opera Dragonfly stickers and other goodies! We'd love to chat over a Margarita — we've got Schwag, jetlag, and fun gossip. We'll follow this post up over the coming days of SXSWi with interviews, reports, and more.