How to make an extension that does all of this?
Saturday, May 5, 2012 8:20:36 PM
2. The injected script should start
- on click of a button
- on keyboard shortcut
- on mouse gesture (optional, if the user wants to set up a gesture)
3. The extension should have
- an options page for the more complicated settings
- a help page for all people who need to read up what some of the settings could mean
- a popup for live settings
4. The popup should
- not open on the normal click that starts the injected script
- be able to change some preferences
5. The preferences' changes in the popup should be
- applied to page without the need to reload the page.
- saved to the extension's preferences, as soon as the popup closes (or live, if possible).
6. The preferences set in the options page or the popup should be applied even when the extension's injected script is started by keyboard or mouse gesture.
Content follows here, as soon as I have written it or, in case of the popup, solved the problems.
If you know how to do especially the popup live stuff, I would appreciate if you can point me to the URL where I can read it up or drop an example in the comments below.