Complete control of the search order
By Bausch PatrickPhilo007. Friday, September 24, 2010 7:16:00 PM
Dude09 wrote a step-by-step guide how to put with SearchEdit's merge-function all engines in one search.ini in your program folder to eliminate this limitation.
However this method has a few disadvantages and I personally believe there is a better way to handle this problem:
1. Delete all your standard searches with Opera's graphic user interface:
2. Close Opera
3. Start SearchEdit
4. Open the search.ini file in your profile folder
5. Duplicate the standard searches you like to use with copy&paste
6. Remove the hook of the "disabled" checkbox of the pasted search engines
7. Re-range your searches as it pleases to you
8. Save your search.ini
9. Start Opera
10. Select a standard & speed dial search
Note: There is one small glitch. If you make an Opera-update, changes of (existing) standard searches won't apply to you, like a few versions ago, when Opera had introduced "search suggestions". However it is very easy to add this changes to your existing searches. You only need to remove the "deleted" search from your search.ini and Opera will make an update.