How to change Speed Dial thumbnail images in Opera?
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:40:25 PM
If you don't like the default Speed Dial thumbnail images, you can change them easily.
- Convert the image you want to use as thumbnail to PNG format using Microsoft Paint (Open image, File > Save As and select 'Save as type' as PNG) or any image editor. There is no limitation on size of image but 256x192 pixels or less is recommended.
- Go to profile\thumbnails directory. For Opera 10 in Windows, go to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera!\thumbnails directory.
- Find and replace already existing thumbnail image with new image with original name.
- Set 'Read only' attribute (Right click on image > Properties) to prevent update of thumbnail image when you use reload.
- Restart Opera to see new thumbnail image in Speed Dial.
Speed Dial with custom thumbnail images
! = Opera installation directory name
Jun 23, 2009
Mar 10, 2010
Jul 7, 2010
Jul 18, 2010