How to delete typed-in addresses without affecting history in Opera?
Monday, August 4, 2008 2:49:54 PM
To delete all typed-in addresses
You can use "Clear history of visited pages" option in "Delete private data" dialog but it will delete history. To delete typed-in addresses without affecting history, use anyone of the following.
- Drag & drop Clear Typed-in button to any toolbar.
- Create new keyboard shortcut in Application section with action Clear typed in history
- Add "Clear Typed-in" button to "Delete private data" dialog.
To remove a (mis)typed-in address in Opera version 10.50 and above
To remove a typed-in address, select it and click delete button at the right side.
To remove digg.com entry, select digg.com and click delete button at the right side
To remove a (mis)typed-in address in Opera version 10.10 and below
- Click this & note path to Opera directory.
- Close Opera.
- Open typed_history.xml in any text editor from Opera directory. (opera.dir for versions below 9.60)
- Remove the line containing unwanted entry & save. (For versions below 9.60, don't delete first line as it contains number of typed-in addresses. There is no need to edit first line because Opera will update it automatically.)
To remove digg.com entry, delete digg.com line in opera.dir file using any text editor
Oct 8, 2008
Mar 9, 2010