Monday, August 23, 2010 10:43:40 PM
Last year, I posted Opera Bookmarks Description Remover for Windows to reduce bookmarks file size by removing bookmarks description. You can do it in Linux using shell script or Terminal command.
- Create a file with name opera-bookmarks-description-remover.sh with the following code inside ~/.opera directory.
# A script to remove Opera bookmarks description
# Place inside ~/.opera and make it executable (chmod a+x)
mv bookmarks.adr bookmarks.adr.bak
awk '!/DESCRIPTION=/' bookmarks.adr.bak > bookmarks.adr
opera-bookmarks-description-remover.sh file inside ~/.opera directory
Enable 'Allow executing file as program'
- Close Opera.
Click 'Run in Terminal' or 'Run' button
Close Opera and run the following code in Terminal.
cd ~/.opera && mv bookmarks.adr bookmarks.adr.bak && awk '!/DESCRIPTION=/' bookmarks.adr.bak > bookmarks.adr
Terminal command to remove Opera bookmarks description
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:00:26 AM
Huge bookmarks file will affect the performance of Opera. Opera Bookmarks Description Remover was created using AutoHotkey to reduce bookmarks file size by removing descriptions.
Download (size < 210 KB), unzip and run OBDR.exe.
- Backup of original bookmarks file will be created inside bookmarks directory with bak extension.
- Silent mode will remove all bookmarks description without any prompt.
Opera Bookmarks Description Remover
Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:47:44 PM
Opera Launcher was created using AutoHotkey. It can
Download (size < 210 KB), unzip, place OperaLauncher.exe inside Opera installation directory, C:\Program Files\Opera and run it to launch Opera. The following settings dialog will be shown when you run it first time.
Opera Launcher settings dialog
Keystrokes can be used to perform an action after starting Opera. ^=Ctrl, !=Alt and +=Shift
Use Restart Opera button! or create new keyboard shortcut/mouse gesture in application section with the following action.
Execute program, "C:\Program Files\Opera\OperaLauncher.exe", "/ro"
! If your path to OperaLauncher.exe is different change it in toolbar configuration file after closing Opera.
To restore previous version of bookmarks/notes file, close Opera, move previous version of bookmarks*.adr (opera6*.adr for Opera version below 10)/notes*.adr from profile\backups directory to profile directory and rename it to bookmarks.adr (opera6.adr for Opera version below 10)/notes.adr.
|Nov 28, 2010
||Option to create new tab, focus & start Opera using Caps Lock key.
|Oct 5, 2010
- Updated for Opera 10.6x.
/notrayicon command line parameter removed.
|Feb 5, 2010
- Minimize to tray keystroke didn't work with Opera Unite enabled. Fixed by sending keystrokes after 10 seconds delay. Increase Keystrokes Delay Time value in OperaLauncher.ini file if it is not working. Thanks to tomassplatch.
- Hide Opera title bar didn't work with minimize to tray keystroke. Fixed.
|Oct 24, 2009
- Option to change Speed Dial background image automatically.
- Added help button.
|Jul 23, 2009
- Option to hide Opera title bar. Thanks to lunigma.
- Opera restart.
|May 11, 2009
- Updated for Opera 10.00 Alpha Build 1413.
- Performance improvements.
- Tray icon balloon error message.
- Transparent icon.
|Feb 23, 2009
- Option to delete old backup files. To disable, set it to 0.
- Sessions backup will be created every time Opera starts.
|Feb 10, 2009
||Empty temporary download directory didn't work in non-English versions of Windows. Fixed.
|Feb 8, 2009
- Command line parameters passed to Opera. Thanks to itcpeter.
- Updated for Opera 10.00 Alpha Build 1139.
- Opera Launcher can be placed anywhere, but path to Opera Installation Directory should be added in OperaLauncher.ini file.
|Jan 8, 2009
||Option to send keystrokes.
|Nov 26, 2008
||Option to empty temporary download directory.
|Nov 23, 2008