Open multiple links at once with Snap Links Opera Extension
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:58:16 PM
Extensions are one of the exciting new features in the Opera 11 and they give you the power to add additional functionality into the Opera browser. There are already more than 250 extensions available for download.
Often we open several links from a page into new tabs to read them one after the other. Most of us open links by moving the mouse precisely over the link and clicking them one by one. This may get tiring and hurt index finger after awhile.
Snap Links allows you to easily open multiple links in background tab by drawing a box around them with mouse. Snap Links is my favorite extension because it can save time and reduce Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) in the fingers. Once you start using this extension you can't live without it. Multiple links can be opened using Opera links panel but it is not easy and convenient as Snap Links extension.
The extension installation process is easy; a simple click or two is all it takes.
- Go to extension page.
- Click install button to download extension.
- Click privacy button in dialog and enable 'allow interaction with private tabs' to enable functioning of the extension in private tabs.
- Click install button in dialog to start the installation. Opera will show notification message above system tray after completing installation.
- Click and hold left mouse button.
- Move the mouse to draw a around the links that you want to open. Snap Links will then indicate which links will be open by placing a around them.
- Release the left mouse button to open all selected links in background tab.
The following keys will alter the extension behaviour.
- Hold Shift key to select all links in the box instead of just the main links.
- Hold Alt key to move the selection box while moving the mouse.
- Press Esc key to cancel the selection box.
Text selection have priority over the extension behaviour, so draw the box in an empty area.
One issue with this extension is Opera O menu shows up when you press Alt key to move the selection box and release it. Release Alt key after releasing the left mouse button so Opera 'O' menu will show up after opening the links.
Snap Links has all kinds of possibilities. The following are the some examples of the uses of Snap Links extension.
The extensions can be disabled or uninstalled using the manage extensions page. Also the extension preferences and privacy option can be changed.
If extension interferes with any other function on a page, temporarily disable it.