What I Learned About Programming or Computers From Watching Movies
Saturday, June 11, 2011 10:53:38 PM
2. You can hack into military weapons system through a modem.
3. If you create virtual intelligence, it will turn on you. And programming any rules of conduct to guard against this will fail.
4. If virtual intelligence is created by some random accident, especially if it's in a likable robot, it will be benevolent and people will want to destroy it.
5. The more powerful the system you hack into, the better the graphics you get and is not limited in any way on the local hardware at all.
6. Using your brain as a storage device is a bad idea.
7. You don't need a keyboard, reference manuals, debugging, testing or anything like that and your program will always work the first time once it is put into actual use.
8. Breaking access codes and encryption keys are always done one digit at a time.
9. The best programmers have at least 10 monitors with rotating cubes that all come together when you've changed some settings (this is the REAL programming) until finally it gets solved like a Rubik's cube.
10. Computer viruses can be used on alien systems through a wifi link.
Feel free to share your own.