New in the Opera extensions catalog
By Yenny Oteroyennyotero. Thursday, November 4, 2010 12:17:22 PM
- We want to have a transparent acceptance process where you know what is happening, and we have therefore improved the layout so that it is clearer. By clicking on your extension status you can see the Status Wall, a page with the history of your extension and a summary of all changes made by our moderators. You can also write on this page if you have comments on the status of your extension.
- It is now possible to give your users a link to the latest version of your extension. Just remove the version number from the URL and it will redirect to the latest published version.
For example: https://addons.labs.opera.com/addons/extensions/details/reddited/ links to version 0.8 (latest as we write )
- There has been some misunderstanding of the label "Tagline" when you submit extensions. It has nothing to do with tags. Instead, it should answer the question: What does your extension do? We have stopped calling it "Tagline" and instead we call it "Summary".
- We have updated the acceptance criteria.
- We want to help you make the best - shiniest - most awesome extensions, so we have compiled Ten tips to make your extension shine in the catalog.
Responding to your feedback on the catalog, we added sorting by newest, and we are currently looking into other suggestions we have received.