Beta release, what is new?
By Yenny Oteroyennyotero. Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:00:00 AM
- Autoupdate: Now it will be easy to keep up to date with the latest version of your favorite extension. (Please note that you have to reinstall your current extensions for auto-update to take effect.)
- Extension preferences page: Extension developers can now create an options page to allow users to change extension settings.
- Developer mode: You can now drag a config.xml files into Opera 11 beta to access Developer Mode in the Extension Manager. This makes it easy to preview and debug your extension.
- Extensions on secure sites: Up until now extensions have been limited to non-secure sites, but with Opera 11 beta your extensions will also work on encrypted connections (https). If you don't want your extensions to run on certain websites you can use private tabs or you can set which extensions that will run on secure sites in the extension manager.
Read more about the release
There have also been a few minor tweaks to the catalog, some of them are:
- You can now delete a review that you have written (and re-post a new one).
- Developers get notified via email when a moderator comments on their extension
- Developers can create language-specific descriptions in the config.xml file of an extension (using for example <description xml:lang="fr"> to denote a French description).