Diet for Liver health
By ELIJAH UWAKARHIOMIEN OTORELIDEVIRUS. Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:46:20 AM
and has wide range of functions
like protein synthesis and
detoxification. This is the place
where most of the medicines get
metabolized. A balanced diet is very
important to protect the liver from
infections. Overeating adversely
affect the liver and damages the
Diet for liver:
• Include dietary fiber in your diet
which binds with bile. This will help
to transport toxins in large
intestine, and helps to eliminates
• Your daily diet must contain
vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B,
beta carotene and calcium this will
protect the liver from damage.
• To increase liver decongestion and
functioning include food rich in
folic acid, choline, betaine,
methionine, vitamin B6 and
• Fasting with proper medical
supervision helps in the process of
• Vitamin C and Vitamin E is an
essential antioxidant to protect
your liver. Some of the foods you
can include are citrus fruits,
mangoes, red cabbage, green leafy
vegetables and almonds.
• Include nutritional yeast, peanuts
and brown rice which are rich in
Vitamin B complex.
• Include egg yolks, garlic, onions,
whole grains and beans which are
rich in methionine and cysteine.
• Avoid highly processed, refined
foods such as coffee, chocolate,
sugar, spicy foods, and fried foods.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.