Local Causes: 1. Irregularity in position of tooth especially when it buries under he crown of adjacent tooth.
2.Increased density of he overlying or surrounding bone.
3. Increased density of the overlying mucosa due to chronic inflamation.
4. Problems of space in the jaws due to their underdevelopment. etc
Systemic causes:1 Heredity seems to play an important role in this connection.
2. Systemic conditions that may interfere with the normal development of child can be a cause for impacted teeth without local predisposing factors eg. rickets, anaemia, tuberculosis etc.
3. Certain rare conditions where there are skeletal deformities.
4. Celft lip and cleft palate are the congenital fissures that may manifest impacted canines and third molars.
Complication are developed such as infection, pain, fracture of jaw, trismus, chronic cheek biting ,
malalignment of other teeth etc.
You need to diagnose the problem if such complication persist for several days to week. If diagnosis become as impacted teeth then what you should do ?
For wisdom teeth it should extract the teeth otherwise complication persist.
If impaction is beauty teeth(canine) then if there is some space your dentist may try to repositioning the teeth by both surgical and orthodontic treatment.
You must visit your dentist if such complication noticed.