Smart Google Reader Subscribe Button for Opera
Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:05:29 PM
The port included the following changes:
- Use an 'add-style' method that works for Opera, instead of Greasemonkey's GM_addStyle.
- Let the 'unsubscribed'-image be inline data just as the 'subscribed'-image, instead of being taken from the firefox chrome.
- Remove references to the Gecko CSS extension -moz-border-radius.
- And the most difficult: replace GM_xmlhttpRequest with something that works in Opera. In this case the method is used to send xmlHttpRequest calls to Google Reader to check wether or not the user is already subscribing to the feed. I found the solution in a forum post here at My Opera.
In order for you to make this work you need three scripts in your userscrips folder:
- The modified Greasemonkey script: google-reader-subscribe.user.js
- a-lib-stacktrace.js by João Eiras.
- a-lib-xmlhttp-cd.js also by João Eiras.