Select movie name on the page (any text) holding the Ctrl key down and get the movie rating on the icon instantly. Click "Go to IMDb" button to open this movie's IMDb page in a new tab. Use Command key (⌘) if you are on Mac. You can customize keys in options.
- Oleksandr Shyshko for his Go to IMDb extension for Google Chrome.
- Anton K. for huge help.
- It will not work for pages that were opened before the extension had been installed. Just reload the page and you are done.
- In some cases the rating you get on the icon can differ from the one on the IMDb page a little bit. It's intended behavior as it allows considerably save your network traffic and improves extension's performance.
- The extension asks Google about the selected text.
- Alternatively, you may use imdbapi.com as data provider. Using it will enable you getting rating for TV series as well and saving even more network traffic. However, imdbapi.com responds much slower than Google and it’s not too stable. If you want to try it, go to extension’s Preferences and switch radio button on Data Source section. Feel free writing comments of your experience to Support Page.
Download on Opera Add-ons.
Your comments are welcome!