Al T. G.
About meI used to be sharing cryptic ruminations about myself at http://my.opera.com/axle before realizing it had never really been myself speaking there, although there were some hints of me now and then. "Four thousand mornings no dawn" is now closed, but was left online for the curious and for those wondering whether someone else may have felt like them and how it all ended for me. You can read a lot about the other me there, albeit he doesn't exist anymore. He was a sort of coffin where I spent years to regenerate.
My workAfter some pondering, I'd classify myself as someone who managed to survive so far, despite uniquely adverse conditions. So... what about "survivor"?
- At the movies I like to see:I rarely watch movies, but when I do, it's usually from the sofa, and usually I turn off the TV or leave the company before the movie ends in consequence of finding something more interesting to do.
- Last movie seen:Can't even remember. Perhaps Ice Age 3. Somewhat fun.
- Music I listen to:Rock & Metal, of many flavors, I guess. I'm not an expert in music genres, nor I'm interested in classifying everything I like to listen. Let's say I like a few thousand songs, complessively.
- Best album right now:I recently keep switching between assorted albums by My Chemical Romance. Can't tell which one would be best.
- Favorite author:I'm not sure I have one. Varies wildly with mood.
- Last book read:A themed anthology of sci-fi stories centered on mothers. Can't remember the title, something like "and don't forget your spacesuit, dear".
- Best game right now:Driving around with the top down and no exact destination.
- Favorite sports team:None. Not interested enough.
- I'm passionate about:Exploring, reharsing memories, writing stuff including, sometimes, low-level software, drawing, sometimes finalizing freehand sketchs by coloring them digitally, contemplating interesting animals such as cats and birds of prey.
- I wish I could:I fear the answer here would be "go back home". But it's impossible, believe me, I'm stranded for good. So let's move on to something more obvious, given the nature of the Argent project: I wish I could learn to fly?
- Favorite travel destination:Doesn't matter, as long as people are nice there; either so, or it's a lonely place.
- On my vacation I..:Well, to me, it looks like I'm on vacation since 1997.
- If I won 1 million dollars, I would:Survive better.
- If I were a super hero I would:Feel no better.
- Fashion I rather not see again:Dark clothes maybe? I like bright vivid colors.
- My worst purchase ever:This world, but I guess it's getting better in the long run.
- I want my coffee..:Sweet.
- Food I like:Prevalently carnivore.
- I don't like:Mayonnaise, tomato, and acidic stuff in general (vinegar, pure lemon juice, etc).
- Software I use:According to the icons on the desktop: the Linoleum compiler, the command prompt, ConTEXT, Photoshop, Opera, WinSCP, PuTTY, Google Sketchup 8, Orbitron. In the background, the LAMP stack might be running (except for Linux, this is a Windows machine).
- Hardware I use:This is a 2008 aluminum iMac with a 24-inch screen, although it runs Windows via Boot Camp. Other active hardware comprises an EeePC 900, an iPhone 3GS and a Samsung Galaxytab.
- I discovered My Opera from:opera.com
Why I choose the Opera browser
Well, let's see... basing on my typical internet usage profile, MSIE is a liability, Firefox would be like taking a flamethrower to kill mosquitoes, Chrome - in a remarkable achievement considering I'd mostly surf, not look for special development tools or tweaks - manages to be *insufficiently customizable* (like, say, I'd like you to not highlight the text field being currently focused, where do I tell you? it has three or four options, the rest is either non-existing or well-hidden, so please be kind enough to f*ck off elsewhere). So what's left? Mostly Opera: fast, reasonably customizable, decent looking.