Blender 2.48 & Yaf(a)ray 0.1.0
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:19:16 PM
* Improved real-time GLSL materials
* Grease pencil (sketch annotations)
* Better animation tools
* Improved Game Logic (thanx to the Apricot Opengame Project)
* Updated Bullet physics library
* Sun, sky & atmosphere renderer
* Colored shadows
* Great additions to the builtin Python editor
* Fluid simulation can be controlled using particles
and much, much more...
Hopefully the Blender Nurbs Project can collect enough donations so we get nice NURBS in Blender soon too.
Besides that the GI renderer Yafray is back from death and released as Yaf(a)ray 0.1.0 (which is the successor of Yafray 0.0.9). This version is rewritten from scratch. After two years of development, it already features a complete set of lighting and rendering options. Yaf(a)Ray 0.1.0 is a perfect addition to Blender.
You can grab an DEB archive of Blender 2.48 for Ubuntu at GetDeb.net.