CMYK Tiff 2 PDF for Gimp
Sunday, October 26, 2008 1:25:34 PM
The way it work is very easy, just follow these steps:
* Make sure you have installed the package "libtiff-tools" (or tiffcp and tif2pdf)
* Create your CMYK Tiff images with Seperate+ from RGB images (Ubuntu Ibex shiped with it, install package "gimp-plugin-registry")
* Start CMYK Tiff 2 PDF "<Image Window> > Image > Seperate > CMYK Tiff 2 PDF"
* Browse to your saved CMYK Tiff images (up to two)
* Setup the options you prefer
* In the same directory of your CMYK Tiff image a PDF using the given names is generated
This plugin allows you generate prepress PDF documents of your Inkscape illustrations too:
* Create your illustration in Inkscape
* Export it as PNG using 300dpi resolution and the required output size
* Open this PNG image into Gimp
* Use Seperate+ as desctibed here
* Use CMYK Tiff 2 PDF to convert it to a PDF document
The only limitation for prepress is that you have to add markers, overlapping, color scala etc. yourself. Any feedback is welcome.
» Download and copy it to
/home/#YourProfileName/.gimp-2.6/plug-insMake sure the file is marked as executable.