CSSdev for Gimp
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:11:18 PM
How it work:
* open your designed draft in Gimp
* Goto "Filter > Web > CSSdev"
* select your options and a folder where to export the "gimp_cssdev.html"
* After export you will find an XHTML source in the given directory that includes CSS styles too
What still works:
* Visibility for layers and the options of the CSSdev dialog
* Opacity for layers
* Creating an z-indexed based layout
* Layer positions and layer size
* Default font and alternative faces based on my CSS font matching
* default font, its size and its style
* Link colors
* Background color and forground color are based on the actual background colors and forground color of the toolbox
* optional export of layer height
* optional automatic color picking for DIV background color
* The CSS property Clip is supported via layer masks
* Creating additional CSS code for text layers (requires Gimp 2.5.x +)
* Export content of text layers (requires Gimp 2.5.x +)
* Croping layers to their content on export
All other options did not work at this moment but will coming soon.
Download the CSSdev script and copy it to
/home/#YourProfileName/.gimp-2.6/plug-insMake sure the file is marked as executable.
Windows user have to copy it to
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\#YourProfileName\.gimp-2.6\plug-insMake sure your Gimp-Python is installed and working, Windows users will find more informations about Python and Gimp here. The cssdev.py must be marked at the accessrights as an excutable.