* a reworked, much more flexible text tool
* new saving/ export option
* export plugin for X11 mouse cursors and JPEG2000 file format
* rotation of brushes and additional enhancements to the brush dynamics engine
* tagging for resources
...and much more.
Check out the release notes too.
But there are much more interesting things we can await in Gimp 2.8:
* Finish merging of the GSoC 2006 vector layer stuff
* Merge the GSoC 2009 projects for brush dynamics and improved SIOX.
* Add a better set of default resoures
* Provide default tags for the default resources