What really sucks: finding subtitled Chinese series
Saturday, February 18, 2012 7:41:38 PM
The image says "Everything that doesn't kill, pisses (me) off!". Because I'm serious about my language studies, I'm keen on finding Chinese material to watch & listen. However, because I'm such a newbie watching series without subtitles is still out of question. So no Sina Video for me, damnit.
Posting in English because this rant is aimed at all live-action fansubbers:
- DramaFever doesn't work in EU so I have to resort to some flexible creativity
- Finding english/german/swedish/finnish subtitled 汉语 series in EU legally is a practical impossibility
- Fansub groups suck compared to their fellow anime fansubbing brethren: no IRC channels, no XDCC, DDL links nonexistant, shitty homepages, status updates are rare, no master seeders
- The mainhub for live-action fansubbers, D-Addicts, is like 4th layer of Hell in functionality
- The fansubbers suck: despite being nothing but glorified pirates, they think they have rights to their work which is pirated in the first place, telling what others can do with their warez and what can't be done, leading to zero seeders on long abandoned trackers
- Fansubbers suck balls: watermarks everywhere and terrible codecs
- None of the groups apparently know what is Matroska, leading to avi+srt faggotry like it's 1999 all over again
- Community is terrible: seeders fucking where?
- Community is nonexistant: official IRC-channel #d-addicts has 14 users now, compared to #commie which is just ONE anime fansub group with 107 attending
Just had to get that off my chest. Get your shit together.