Asking for and giving advice (Ungkapan meminta dan memberi nasihat)
Monday, April 16, 2012 1:48:27 PM
- Do you think I should.....?
- What do you think i should do?
*Ungkapan memberi nasihat (giving advice)
- should + Verb1
- Ought to + Verb1
- you should have your money in a bank.
Have = Verb 1. berdasarkan rumus should + Verb 1
- We think she ought to use her own style.
Ought to + use (use = verb 1)
*Ungkapan memberi nasihat dengan sungguh - sungguh (to give advice firmly)
- You'd better.......
- I think you'd better......
*Ungkapan memberi nasihat yang serius (to give advice seriously)
- My father advices me to study French well
- I strongly advice them to be more diligent
*Ungkapan untuk merespon pemberian nasihat.
- Thank you.
- Thanks for your advice
- A good idea
- Yeah, you're right. Thanks.
*Perbedaan penggunaan should dan ought to.
- should digunakan jika kita memberikan pendapat subjective kita.
exm: We should go home before it rains.
- Ought to digunakan jika kita menekankan pada objectivitas.
exm: You ought to arrive at school on time.
1. Michael : I've got a headache.
Andrew : You should go and see the doctor immediately.
from the dialogue we know that the underlined utterance express........
a. an order
b. a threat
d. a warning