Design a new blog header for Choose Opera
By Espen André ØverdahlEspenAO. Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:05:50 AM
We will soon do a major site overhaul on My Opera which include a new design and some functional changes. As part of this process we want to update the look and feel of Choose Opera. That's why we're announcing our very first blog header design contest!
A few rules to get you started
If you are a designer and want to compete to get your design as the new official header of Choose Opera, then check out these contest rules.
- You have to use the Opera logo or icon in your design.
- Use Helvetica Neue Family or Arial (with -25 kerning) as typeface on any text.
- The blog header should be 920 x 200 pixels.
- The graphic should be in the format PNG, JPG or GIF. If possible, please provide a link to the source file as well.
- E-mail attachments are limited to 1 MB or host your file (such as your My Opera account) and simply send the link.
- The submission have to be your own work - you must own the copyright for the designs you submit.
Send your designs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Choose Opera contest header". Please include your name and a URL to your blog or Web site.
When is the deadline?
We’ll consider all submissions received until May 15th of 2010. The best entries will be published briefly after the contest has ended.
On the press resources page you can download our logo and icon in different resolutions.
Will there be prizes?
Of course there will be prizes! The winner will be mentioned by name and a URL in our article to your Web site. In addition you can win a HTC Legend smartphone.
We will also award as many of you as possible with Opera swag for your hard work.
Good luck everyone!