Learn how to setup GMail in Opera
By Espen André ØverdahlEspenAO. Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:38:45 AM
GMail is a popular mail service. Many of you have an account, so our tutorial will learn you how to setup GMail and get all your emails in Opera Mail - our powerful built into email client.
All information in this tutorial is gathered from the fan driven website Opera Browser Wiki. It's a great resource to discover new things about Opera, so we highly recommend you bookmark this page (or at least give it a proper read through sometime).
Let's get started:
- Log in to your GMail account. Once you're logged in, enable IMAP in Settings » Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click on Tools (or O-Menu) in Opera and select Mail and Chat accounts.
- Click on Add » Email » Next » Enter your name and your Gmail address » Next » Enter your username (your GMail address) and Password. Click on Finish.
- Go back to Mail and Chat accounts and select the GMail you just configured. On the outgoing tab, set the default encoding to UTF-8. Click "Edit signature" and edit your signature.
- Congratulations, you are now done!
This is the basic configuration and GMail should now work in Opera. We recommend you check out the Opera Browser Wiki for tips and tricks how to further optimize and configure mail in Opera.