Financial results from Opera
By Espen André ØverdahlEspenAO. Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:41:04 AM
Today we attended the quarterly presentation with financial highlights about Opera. It was interesting, with many positive highlights:
- The coffee served in the conference room was okay. Not too bitter, not too strong, but not fantastic either.
- A fruit basket welcomed all financial investors. I ate a pear (which was tasty).
- Opera has more than 185 million users. That's 35 million new users since we broke into Jon's e-mail.
- Opera Mobile has more than 20 million smartphone users - with Android and S60 leading the charge.
- Opera Desktop had 55 million users in April this year.
- The "remaining" 110 million Opera users are found on Opera Mini, making it world's most used mobile Web browser.
- Sony released their Opera Powered Bravia TVs and a fresh deal with Humax will only continue to push Opera to many TVs and set-top boxes.
So. We're still very much in the game and we will continue to improve, innovate and deliver Opera to all of you.