A new State of the Mobile Web report went live this morning. The report looks back on the top 35 countries for Opera Mini usage and their growth rates from January 2008 to January 2009. The biggest surprise comes from Armenia, a country of three million peeps who had the most growth - more than 2800%!
To top it off, Armenians surf more with Opera Mini - 669 pages per user in January - than any other country in the top 35. Sweet.
- 2009 started off on a very positive note for Opera Mini, with significant increases in unique users, page views and data transferred.
- The beginning of 2009 saw Ukraine, India and South Africa go up in the global ranking of countries using Opera Mini.
- Of the top 35 countries using Opera Mini, Armenia, Nigeria and Egypt showed the most growth (in terms of unique users) between January 2008 and January 2009.
- In January 2009, of those top 35 countries, Armenia had the most page views per users, followed by Ukraine, Indonesia, Kazakhstan and Russia.
- The top 10 countries using Opera Mini in the Middle East are: Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon and Yemen.