World Cyber Games 2006 - "Beyond the Games" - WCG
Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:10:54 AM
This "World Cultural Festival", which has no language or cultural barriers, longs to embody respect for universal fundamentals based on ethical principles without having any national boundaries in play. World Cyber Games are culture, enjoyment, ethic and many more.
OFFICIAL 2006 CHALLENGE INFORMATION
National Championship: March ~ September, 2006
Grand Final: From October-18-2006 - To October-22-2006
Monza: - GO to the map. -
North Milan, Italy: - Go to the map. -
Autodromo Nazionale Monza. - Go to the website. -
Over 70 countries:
[b]MID EAST and AFRICA (Geographic Area)[/b]
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
ASIA (Geographic Area)
- Chinese Taipei
- Hong Kong
- Korea (South)
AMERICA (Geographic Area)
- Puerto Rico
EUROPE (Geographic Area)
- Czech Republic
- Serbia and Montenegro
- United Kingdom
OCEANIA (Geographic Area)
- New Zealand
PC - 6 games
- FIFA Soccer 06
- Half-Life: Counter-Strike 1.6
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- StarCraft: Brood War
- WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
- Warhammer 40,000: Winter Assault
MONZA TECHNICAL INFORMATIONS:[/b]
Located in northeast Milan, Monza is a city on the River Lambro, in the Lombardy region of Italy.
Since June 11, 2004 Monza has been officially the capital of the new province of Monza and Brianza. Monza is the third-largest city of Lombardy and the most important economic, industrial and administrative centre of the Brianza area, supporting a textile industry and a publishing trade.
Internationally it is best known for the Autodromo Nazionale Monza motor racing circuit, home to the Italian Grand Prix, the Scuderia Ferrari, and previously to the Alfa Romeo team.
Monza offered its famous Autodromo Nazionale Monza as the venue for the 2006 Grand Final.
WCG 2006 will be the first Grand Final to be held in European continent and in a racing circuit, promising a more thrilling atmosphere for gamers and spectators.
It is expected that up to 700 of the world¡¯s best gamers will descend on Monza in 2006 to participate in the world¡¯s most prestigious e-Sports competition and enjoy a well-rounded cultural festival designed to advance cultural and social harmony.
- 600 PC positions on which will dispute the tournaments of the official specialities;
- Every position has two Multistandard current holds and a net hold in Cat 7;
- Wiring to support the doors to 10 Gigabit;
- All the PC connected 1 only Switch with "infinite" Troughput. The net will be able to support any traffic, any virus, any Broadcast without the minimum degrade;
- Structure able to lodge up to 120.000 people;
- Every battery from 15 independent Emplacements PC has approached directed 4 screen with support of 4 various ones marks them audio and video in order to follow from whichever point of the arena demo of games, game TV and other;
- Uplink towards Internet in fiber to 155mbit/s:
- Conditioned air system structured in order to accommodate 1500 persons and 600 ignited PC;
HOW TO REACH THE CIRCUIT DURING THE YEAR:
- By Car: It's easiest, MONZA is connected from many freeways and roads of fast sliding. Go here.
- By Bus: Usually good service, probably for WCG there will be special bus. Go here.
- By Train: The station of Monza is in downtown, need to take bus or taxi. Go here.
- By Airplane: The Lombardy have two international airports and one intercontinental. Go here.
By Helicopter: Helipad is side to the circuit. The service is very good, anyway need contact EliMonza and Avionord for days, hours and more. Go here.
VIDEO Helicopter Service: Go here.
Italian trains: Go here.
Emergency and Security:
Monza have two great hospitals, and the circuit have a little ready medical aid.
The hospital more close tos be distant less than 1 km and it's called San Gerardo. The second hospital approximately 3 km and it's called Policlinico of Monza.
- Hospital San Gerardo. This hospital is sure one of the best 10 in Italy. Go here.
- Hospital Policlinico di Monza. This is a private clinic, many peoples from south and centre Italy go here for cure, and is famous because often it is attended from VIPs. Anyway operating within the national health service. Go here.
- Police. Go here.
- Police officers. Go here.
- Police officers with horses inside the park.
- National Fire Department. Go here.
- Phone for Italian Police: 113
- Phone for Italian Police Officers: 112
- Phone for Italian Hospital and Health Emergency with ambulance or helicopter: 118
- Phone for Italian Fire Department: 115
There are many hotels from Monza to Milan, however one of most comfortable for several aspects, is situated to directional center Colleoni. This directional center it accommodates many great companies, like Adobe, and is equipped with helipad. It carries out transfers from and towards the airports of Linate, Malpensa, Orio al Serio and Verona with the circuit. It is however necessary to contact Avionord for the service.
Hotel Colleoni. Go here.
If you want luxury, so your hotel is Hotel de la Ville. This hotel is famous because during F1 grand prix many F1 drivers go here. Specially old drivers like Senna and Mansell. It's in front of Villa Reale. For the website Go here.
For others hotels nearby to the park, u can see HERE.
- For Hotels near Monza, go here.
- For Hotels in Milan, go here.
- For Hotels near Monza with sure internet connections, go here.
- Malpensa Intercontinental Airport. The biggest italian airport. Shuttle express Airport-Milan Central Train Station with the bus or on with the train. Distance from circuit: 50km. Go here.
- Linate International Airport. The Milan city airport. Bus shuttle with central train station. Distance from circuit: 25km. Go here.
- Orio al Serio International Airport. Bergamo city airport north Monza. Distance from circuit: 40km. Go here.
- Villafranca International Airport. Verona city airport. Distance for circuit: 150km. Go here.
- From Linate airport to circuit: 30 / 40 euro.
- From Malpensa Airport to circuit: 60 euro.
- From Orio al Serio to circuit: 50 euro.
- From Directional Center Colleoni to circuit: 20 euro.
- From Verona Airport: It's no a good idea. More than 150 euro.
- From Monza Central Train Station to circuit: 15 euro.
- From Milan Central Train Station to circuit: 30 euro.
Videos and VideoClips:
- Play official video WCG 2006: Medium Resolution 300k.
- Play official video WCG 2006: High Resolotuion 700k.
- Play official videoclip WCG 2006 "Beyond the Game": Go here.
- Download official video WCG 2006: Medium Resolution 300k.
- Download official video WCG 2006: High Resolution 700k.
- Download official video WCG 2006: HD Resolution FullScreen.
- World Cyber Games Countries Statistics and national websites: Go here.
- World Cyber Games 2006 - Player's Regulation:Go here.
- World Cyber Games TV and videos: Go here.
Good stay and good luck to all the participants![/ALIGN]