Tell a friend
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:51:32 AM
Opera Software released its latest desktop browser, Opera 9.5 on June 12, 2008. We are very excited about this product because it represents a major step forward for us as well as our users’ experience. In addition to overall speed improvements, the following truly makes it a special release:
- Opera Link: Synchronize your bookmarks, speed dial and notes between different computer(s) and your mobile phone.
- Quick find: Type what you are looking for in the search bar, and Opera will search through all your previously information.
- New Skin: Scandinavian inspired design.
- Security: The best protection against malware and phishing available.
Please visit www.opera.com to download Opera 9.5.
We want everyone to know about this release, so now we are turning to you. You carry a lot of influence and we want your help.
Tell a friend
So what's this all about? We want to see how you influence others to download and try Opera 9.5. What you should do is create an event, group, page, profile, etc., on a social networking site where you can rally a group of people and display how many members have joined. The theme needs to clearly promote and encourage the download of Opera 9.5. Amount of members of a group will be used as an indicator how successful your promotion has been.
Be as creative as you want (keep it tasteful!). Feel free to use any imagery and videos located on www.opera.com to help you promote the software.
Once you have an event created, start promoting it. Those with the most members in their groups at the end of this contest will receive one of three great prizes:
- An XO OLPC, the famous $100 laptop, not available to the general public. A very cool computer!
- A Nintendo Wii. Do we need to say more? Easily the most fun and most accessible video game console available. And it could be yours!
- A mobile phone, perfect for Opera Mini.
Distribution of prizes will be determined according to number of users each winner attracted to his/her entry. So, the first place winner gets first choice of prize, second place gets second choice, etc,. Additional prizes will be awarded for unique and mentionable entries.
When the contest ends we'll visit your site and record the total number of members. We'll notify winners and publish the results on the frontpage of the My Opera Community.
Rules and guildelines
While you are pretty free to do whatever you want, here are some general rules and guidelines you need to know.
- Contest starts Tuesday, June 17, 12:01 p.m. CET.
- Contest ends Monday, July 7th, 12:01 p.m. CET.
- Post a link to your entry in this forum topic for registration to the contest.
- Any questions, comments, or concerns can be further discussed in its relevant forum topic.
- You must be a registered member of the My Opera Community to participate.
- The event/group must clearly promote Opera 9.5.
- It is prohibited to publish any content which is defamatory, offensive or abusive or of an obscene or menacing nature (will result in disqualification).
- Encourage group/event members to continue spread the word to increase your chances. Create viral videos, images, music, etc.
- Good luck!