You need to be logged in to post in the forums. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
[UserJS] OSpell - A Better Opera Spell CheckerThis might get a little boring but there is Yet Another Spell Checking Script in town.
After Orangoo Spell Check 1 (Sombria), 2 (me) and 3 (amix), here is another version that tries to mix all the pros of older versions. 95% of coding was done by Sombria, the other 5% by me.
Some of the most important features are:
- Can use both Orangoo and Gmail spell checking engine (the latter requires to be logged in with 'remember me' option checked).
- Is as fast as amix version as all code is contained in script (and much smaller ).
- Support for keyboard shortcuts, RTL mode, input fields...
Here is the main script:
and external preferences file:
Use external preferences if you want to customize settings and be sure that they will retain when updating main script.
Script can use one of the three spell checking engines (ENGINE setting in preferences).
- ENGINE: 0; is GMail. To use it you have to login into GMail with "remember me" checkbox enabled. After you do that, you will be able to use GMail engine for spellchecking in OSpell.
- ENGINE: 1; is Orangoo. This is a spellchecking service created by amix that works as a standalone service but we kinda hacked into it (don't worry, amix knows )
- * ENGINE: 2; is offered by fearphage. This server was kindly set up by my.opera member and runs spellchecking software created by amix (again).
* This one is enabled by default.
i deleted the " a-ospell_pref.js " and the " ospell.js " files and the uninstall procedure went fine.
even if with Opera 10 we don't need this script anymore, i really loved and enjoyed using it in the Opera 9.x era.
thanks to the author of this script and to all people who helped me using it
Originally posted by d.i.z.:
I'm tired of waiting for a fix so here's version without window.stop() call. As said before, there should NOT be any problems at all because of it.
Ospell 1.05: ospell.js
so if im right this one is newest right ?
but sadly it still loads forever, i use orange
10.01 linux opera.
edit: sorry i lied it works after geting v.1.05
I've downloaded two scripts that d.i.z had posted in this topic but there's a problem that i don't know where to insert this script into. Please give me the detail instructions.
Originally posted by Ampa:
Now that Opera has inline spell checking built in, what is the advantage of using this script?
it's simply a better spell checker. I find it more accurate in the suggestions it provides for spelling mistakes. I also like that I can left click the misspelled word and the suggestions appear beneath it. The inline checker you have to right click and the suggestions appear above the misspelled word both actions are less natural for me than this scripts way of doing it.
Out of three engines that this script used (Gmail, Orangoo, Fearphage) only Fearphage's one is still working so I've removed all other ones.
NOTE: Remember that everything you spell check is sent to a third party server in unencrypted form so if you really want to use this script then you have to be a bit careful. I would say that Fearphage is a trusted member of Opera community but like I've said, the data is also sent unencrypted.
Showing topic replies 451 - 476.