You need to be logged in to post in the forums. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
Flash problem...?At <http://journals.aol.com/ldmartin1959/thoughtsbetweenmoments/> at the bottom of the 'All About Me' section should be a flash display. It doesn't appear in Opera (or in FireFox, for that matter). Anyone have any ideas if this is a problem with Opera's handling of flash, or is this a problem with the flash itself?
"You can't live without love."
God is Love (1 John 4:8)
Come See My Bible Studies Group!
experience the community page!
Are You New? WELCOME TO: The Newbies Group!!![/color][/URL]
Do you have a poem from the heart?
Are you a parent or have advice?See the Parents group!
The Helping Group
Originally posted by sgunhouse:
Note that Flash 9.0.115 for Linux is not compatible with Opera 9.24 or earlier, if you run Linux and don't have the latest test build of Opera 9.50 then don't install the update.
1. create directory "op92" under /usr/lib/browser-plugins (or wherever the plugins reside in your distro)
2. Put a copy of libflashplayer.so (.48 version) into the op92 directory. If you already installed the 9.0.115 update, download this file which contains all archived versions of the flash player for all operating systems. The 9.0.48 libflashplayer.so for linux is contained within the "install_flashplayer_9r48_linux" tarfile.
3. In Opera 9.2x, Go Prefs..Advanced..Content and press "Plug-in options". Click "Change path" and then "Add" to add the new plugin path "/usr/lib/browser-plugins/op92"
The next steps are important!
4. Once you've added the new path, use the "Up" button to move it to the top of the list.
5. Uncheck "/usr/lib/browser-plugins" (temporarily)
6. OK/Save settings from the dialogs to get back to Opera. Quit Opera.
7. Run Opera 9.2x again. Go to a flash page like youtube.com to see that flash is now working.
8. When you see flash working, go Advanced..Content..Plug-in options..Change path and re-check "/usr/lib/browser-plugins".
9. OK/Save settings from the dialogs to get back to Opera. Quit and restart Opera 9.2x. Now, Opera 9.2x will use 9.0.48 flash and Kestrel will use 9.0.115 flash!
Steps 5-8 are needed because an apparent bug in Opera 9.2x means that plug-in order is not changed just by changing the order of the paths. Unchecking the paths forces Opera to reestablish the plugin order, so 9.0.48 does get picked up before 9.0.115.
I hope this helps out people who want to use Opera 9.2x and Kestrel alongside eachother under Linux, for testing, comparison and also (as in my case) want to continue with 9.2x for mail.
Opera 10.0 featuring Unite! is here, go get it!
Opera Mail (M2) Issues... Please improve these important omissions from the great unsung feature of Opera - thanks!
- Please allow complete editing of & attachment removal/addition to messages within the database. Essential for managing your email database!
- The facility for forwarding/redirecting multiple emails, and composing to all email addresses for a contact
MY BLOG - - TAMIL'S BLOG W/OPERA TIPS & TWEAKS - - CUSTOMISE OPERA WIKI - LOTS HERE!!