You need to be logged in to post in the forums. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
Checklist before widget submittingFor developers short on time, here's a handy stick-it-on-your-fridge checklist for easy widget creation:
- Does your widget have the word "Opera" in its title? If so, remove it, unless it relates to Opera.
- Is your widget icon available in four sizes? If not, create 128x128, 64x64, 32x32 and 16x16 versions.
- Are you using the cogwheel icon for a settings button? If so, choose an alternative design.
- Have you made a close or minimize button? If so, remove them and rely on the default control buttons.
- Does your widget use transparency? If so, ensure the control buttons are close to the visible part of your widget.
- Would you like your widget to look like a native application? If so, add defaultmode="application" to the widget element of config.xml.
- Do users know what to do when they open your widget? If not, make required actions obvious and make content more easily accessible.
- Is your widget decorative or does it open links in the browser? If so, you should create it it widget mode.
- Does your widget including scripts placed on external servers? If so, place all scripts and files important for your widget in widget archive.
These suggestions and guidelines will hopefully make life a little easier for widget developers. On final thing to note is that loading config.xml in Opera does not start Opera Dragonfly automatically and widget debugging should be done using Opera Dragonfly's remote debugging feature. As always, we're very keen to see your new and improved widgets uploaded to widgets.opera.com.
Moderator Note: HTML code changed to BB code.