You need to be logged in to post in the forums. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
Could not locate remote serverEver since installing Opera 7.60 Preview 1 (Build 7141), I've seen the following message on probably 1 out of every 5 pages.
Could not locate remote server
The page is currently not available for Opera to display. Please check the following:
- Are your proxy settings correct? Is a proxy required to connect to the Internet? Have you tried disabling proxies? Check that the hostname, IP address and port number is correct.
- Try enabling Synchronous DNS if it is disabled and disable it if it is enabled, in Opera's Network preferences.
- Are you using Internet security software, such as ZoneAlarm or Norton Internet Security? Is this software properly configured? What happens if you disable this software?
- Are you behind a firewall on your LAN?
- Does other software work? Other browsers? E-mail clients? If not, this is not an Opera related problem.
If you are on a dialup connection, check the dialup properties for your connection and under Server types, make sure it is set to log on to the network.
This is a common problem whether I'm at home or at work. I've tried enabling and disabling Synchronous DNS on both systems, but it doesn’t seam to make a difference.
Usually I can just refresh the page, and the page will come up. - I have had to refresh multiple times on some places.
I've had this come up with the main Opera site, Opera Forums, Google, OverclockersClub, OverclockersClub Forums, Game Spy, MxO Website, Fox News, Slashdot, and a ton of other sites. Doesn't appear to be related to any site, more of a random, "ok... I don't want to work now" type thing.
7.54 worked fine, but 7.6P1 doesn't.... hopefully the next P version will.
and this thread: