You need to be logged in to post in the forums. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
Wish list for Opera Mini 6 and onwardsThe old wish list thread is closed, due to the release of Opera Mini 6.
Please use this thread for wishes from now on. Thanks!
Old wish list thread: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=193819
Irrelevant posts will be deleted.
* Malware/phishing domain checker: to check whether the visiting site is a know bad website. Tip tech is already present in browser version. Why not post it over?
* Password manager: to manage stored passwords
* Spell checker?: seems to be the most popular demand for ie9
* Greater html5 support
* Sites to correctly identify which country I am browsing from: to runs being served up languages I can't even read!
* Auto refresh: so countdowns will work properly!
* Scroll to end of page
Desktop2-Pentium4@2.4GHz,1GB,Windows XP Pro SP3 x86
Laptop-HP ProBook Core firstname.lastname@example.orgGHz,4GB,Windows 7 home premium SP1 x64
Smartphone-Nokia E7, Symbian belle
Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1; U; Edition Next; en) Presto/2.9.220 Version/12.00
* Open link in a background tab which the setfocus is the previous one. Like ere in Opera Mini 6.
* I know this was a previous request but i would like to request instead supporting-Flash videos to play like in BOLT.. Support HTML5 running inside opera mini.
* WebP image support.
has a good chance of being locked.
This is NOT a bug reporting thread, This is NOT a moaning thread, This is a WISH-LIST thread
to request or put forward idea`s for later versions of Opera Mini, As the title says.
Please keep it on topic guy`s and girl`s.
Speed dial: why cant it be the same one as OM 4.2 have? In 4.2 i can put any bookmark to speed dial with any title i wish and it want reload.
2) In Opera Mini 4 it is possible to view notes in the bookmark menu (these are synced with the desktop browser) . Add that to Opera Mini 6 and "Copy to Note" to the context menu (like on the desktop browser).
1. Option to open images in backgrund.
2. Increase the font size bit larger in medium option.
3. The top bar with web page name should be visible (always on top). That area should be used to go top and bottom of pages like previous beta. Present way looks not easy.
4. If possible add another row of important shortcuts like bookmarks at bottom.
A couple of other nice features would be: showing a "Open in Opera Mobile" option when long-tapping on the address bar, an option to only capitalise the first character in the built-in keyboard (mimicking the regular keyboard behavior), and lastly a smooth UI like Mobile (option bar coming up and down is smoother).
These would make Opera Mini even more of a requirement for me.
1. Make notes in Opera Mini like in desktop browser and make synchronization for them by Opera Link.
2. For Opera Link make option, what to synchronize and what not to synchronize. In mobile phone bookmarks should be different from those in desktop computer, because for mobile phone there are PDA versions. So, sometimes bookmarks should not be synchronized.
3. After synchronization I'd like to be able to restore bookmarks that were before synchronization.
Opera Mini should have a night view mode, showing every page with black background and red letters (ignoring default color).
I like to access internet in my mobile phone when I'm going to sleep and when I'm traveling but the LCD light bother people next to me, so I can't use Opera. Black background with red foreground is proved to be less annoying. In fact, this color scheme is utilized in astronomy programs so we can run them at night without any problem.
An example is:
Normal view: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/palmaddicts/astromist1.jpg
Night mode: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/palmaddicts/astromist1.jpg
Page where these pictures are: http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddicts/2006/09/astromist_revie.html
If possible, it must have two or three levels (the darkest one disabling the keyboard lights too).
And I'd like to see it in versions 4 (for old devices) and 6.
for quite a number of years) be used in Opera Mini some how ?.
I know it works if you click on the switch on that page while using Opera Mini, But as soon as you
leave that page, The lights come on, As it were.
1. Night Mode: I agree with RafaelRBarbosa and LinuxMint7. We need a night mode view to protect our eyes (ex: bed time...) and save battery.
2. Download: OM a better download manager. I mean it can download Jar files directly, not using phone browser.
And one more problem. I cant use OM to download files in 4shared (UCBrowser can). Maybe i dont know how!
3. Skin: OM6 has a good skin but i think everybody want more. More skin...
4. Memory: Less memory.
Sorry for my bad English!
23. March 2011, 02:56:43 (edited)
1) CSS/Styles support, Just like Opera desktop.
2) UserJS support, Also just like Opera desktop.
Would love the Opera dev`s to grant me my wishes, As it would
make Opera Mini even more like Opera`s little brother.
23. March 2011, 19:50:32 (edited)
FirstlY congrats on the Opera Mini v6, though
we where expecting more advancement for the application. For the upcoming versions can you please add the following tools to the
I believe pressing 1 anywhere on the screen is
meant for right clicking, i.e. Pressing 1 where
the mouse pointer is on the screen including
on an image, text field, link or blank space will
have the following on-screen pop-up options:
Open on a new tab
Add Search Engine
so please also add the following options to
enhance easier navigation for the right-click:
1. Page Info
Open with browser
Save as Bookmark *
Save as Note *
Mouse hoovering and diagonal/vertical mouse movement
Enter (for submitting a edited data on text
field) and also support video streaming for phones
that use streaming
2. also add font type "very small"
3. when pressing menu, disable GOTO & SEARCH
4. support for java widgets on mobiles...widgets like
media viewer because sometimes we upload
wrong files having to forgot the name of the file, so the media viewer can be made to view pictures, play music and video and also be made with the capability of renaming and copying files...
5. Add Power-User Settings under Advanced Settings
i belive Opera should not just be a mobile browser, it must be a multimedia-purpose application.
* Opera link
I'll be waiting for your response...
Download Opera Mini on your mobile — The World's Best Third Party Browser
24. March 2011, 13:08:21 (edited)
For the next Opera mini on Symbian 60 5th edition & other phones that would require the things in the list below, I would like the following to be implemented.
1. Support for Java script.
2. Support for GIF animation.
3. A folder for saved pages.
4. Full screen text edit
5. A time display.
6. An option for displaying full details of a web page e.g web address, page size e.t.c
My only minor gripe is to have a slightly smaller font option so that the pages looks less scrambled(pics cutoff, over lapping text).
Can you guys also please bring back the big shortcut icon like in O5beta2? It looks so much nicer and its not an eye sore. Thanks again for this great release.
2. GIF animation support
3. Support for countdowns scripts
5. Ability to change time fomat between 24 hours & 12 hours
6. Ability to open other file format like .pdfs, .rtfs, .docs, etc using Opera propriotory format or online viewing
7. Full and copy display of URL (don't cut off the www. when copying)
8. Mimic desktop browsers UA strings
9. More control over browser
10. Stay open when trying to download other java apps/games (very annoying of closing down!)
11. Bug fixes
12. Stop hanging
13. Ability to clear memory on demand
@Delmore you can do that. On Java phones, press "1" or left softkey and select full screen edit.
What I have wanted to see in new Opera Minis after 4.x (just downloaded 4.3, hey cool! is
1) the ability to jump from link to link with pressing the D-pad Up/Down. It is so much more convenient to browse pages using RIght/Left to go page down/up, and select links with Up/Down. With newer Minis I must move the small arrow over the page and try to hit the links. Exercise that reminds me of the red dot "mouse" of Ibm/Lenovo laptops... ugh..
2) popup menu that in OM4 pops up with the "1" key, that allows me to see links address and see page info. (If such thing exists in OM 5 or 6, I'd like to know). Often I'd like to know if the link opens a video or pdf office document or something I don't want to see on the phone.
The first one is really something that keeps me using OM 4, although I occasionally fire up OM5/6 when I need multiple tabs and text select/copy.
2. Skins. . . opera 4.2 had this and was great to have on my different phones to match handset colour or theme on phone.
3. option to remove arrows/keyboard at bottom of screen. . (opera 5 and 5.1 didn't have this) and that's a reason i'm sticking to opera 5.1 as my screen is cut by a quarter with this
Here's my new wishlist
- Option to choose video quality instead of lowest quality.
- Open with phone default browser (For smartphone)
- Render text like Opera Mobile as said by another user above. (Anti-alias thingy)
OM6 is almost perfect to me.
Originally posted by rafaelluik:
Using Opera Browser 11.01, On Windows 7, powered by Opera sync.
* Better download mamager with resume download.
* open link w/o images option.
* theme support in OM6 like OM4.
* transfered data option in 'About' page. In some feature phone that doesn't have any connection manager.
* Both common cursor & mouse mode. Mouse mode only works well when the page doesn't fit the screen.
* Option to disable the page view in speed dial. speed dial images really takes a lot of time to start the browser in feature phone.
Originally posted by SAMILAKOSALA:
as there is a build in search bar for text and content , there should be a standalone search bar for google image searches . Just like the one in snaptu for picasa , with some shortcut keys to handle image searches .
YOu can add image search to the search box....
Showing topic replies 1 - 50 of 682.