This topic has been closed. No new entries allowed.
Reason: You can now post comments on articles on Dev Opera
You need to be logged in to post in the forums. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
Accessing an Opera extension's background processOne of the trickiest areas of building an Opera extension is messaging - sending information from one part of the extension to another. There is a comprehensive introduction to messaging already on Dev.Opera but in many cases, messaging could be avoided altogether thanks to the bgProcess object. This article shows you how...
( Read the article )
13. April 2011, 05:27:37 (edited)
I just noticed the same thing with another extension I'm working on. The third xhr.open() parameter set to true seemed to be the problem. It looks like Opera 11.10 final executes the popup code too quickly for the XHR to return, so setting that parameter to false (i.e. making the XHR not asynchronous) seems to have fixed it. I've updated the article and example extension so it should be better now.