You need to be logged in to post in the forums. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
Originally posted by ManneS:
Thanks, ManneS! I thought there wasn't going to be further development for WinMo, but if it's still under consideration, I'd settle for some minor fixes, rather than new features:
Please gather all your wishes for future releases of Opera Mobile for Windows Mobile in this thread.
1) Improved compatibility with Windows Mobile, esp. in the UI, where the fonts are tiny on my WM5 VGA device (including all menus, the address bar and the bookmarks). Also, mine is a touchscreen device with a delete key on the virtual keyboard, and OM 10 misinterprets "delete" as "backspace", deleting the character to the left of the cursor instead of the one to the right.
2) A fix for the rendering of mobile sites. At present, they extend beyond the right margin of the screen, and some of them are displayed with much larger fonts than the desktop sites -- sometimes huge, and having to change the zoom value back and forth in the settings menu is pretty inconvenient.
I realize that these behaviors may vary depending on the device and the screen resolution, but for the sake of comparison, I find that Opera Mini 5.1 for WM handles everything I mentioned perfectly. Couldn't registry tweaks be added for Opera Mobile, like those for Opera Mini, or possibly some additional options in opera:config?
As to features: there's not an awful lot wrong with version 10, but some of the features of the new Symbian and Android builds would of course be welcome, an option to minimize the browser (for all the users without Voice Command) and of course my recurrent bugbear (sorry to be so boring guys), a working copy and paste facility would be smashing..
But having returned to the topic: I forgot two things I'd really like to see:
1) The reintroduction of text select being able to drag and drop (as in the '9' versions.
2) Making the 'back' and 'menu' buttons either a bit more transparent or a bit smaller, so they eat less screen real estate on QVGA devices.
Thanks again lovely Opera peeps
17. May 2011, 01:42:23 (edited)
1 am not asking anything.
1 just want to know is opera going to release a new version for windows mobile?
1) Improved loading time - Opera Mini's loading time is just about right, but I can get my tea ready while Mobile 10's loading
2) Support for keypad input for devices such as the Touch Dual (not from any kind of selfish motives, honest guv,lol). The only way to use the keypad for text input currently is to install EZInput which messes up functionality of the keypad in other areas of the device. The keypad works just fine in Opera Mini, and in all other browsers,
There are still loads of people out there, including many users at XDA Developers, who'd love to see a fresh Opera version for the last genuinely smartphone generation,
When I wanted to install Opera Mobile I sadly noticed that the latest version 11 does not support Windows Mobile anymore.
So I installed Opera Mobile 10. But I noticed that horizontal sizing doesn't work correctly on my favorite news homepage "m.heute.de", whereas the same homepage is rendered in the Opera desktop browser with perfectly reduced width.
So I have to scroll horizontally on my Garmin M10. - But that's exactly what Opera Mobile should prevent me from.
Toggling the option mobile view (German: "Mobil-Ansicht") makes a strange difference:
Having it Off, only the pictures are too far right. Word wrap in text is correctly adapted to the actual screen size. So at least I don't need to scroll horizontally in plain text.
Having it On, the text width is adjusted to the pictures too far right. So I need to scroll horizontally in plain text as well.
So my biggest wish is a perfect resizing that prevents me from scrolling horizontally. - Just the basic concept of Opera Mobile.
Besides this, the zoom handling could be enhanced:
Currently there is only a one step zooming in and out, by tapping on the screen an pressing the back button. - Why not multi-step?
Thank you for any ongoing support of Windows Mobile!
couse sometime's external download manager is not work very well for me... especially when I using a proxy connection.
just a simple download manager will be fine, as it have a resuming capability,
because when I click resume on the original one it won't work......
See my post : http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=1023632
I ask this because we're running a retail project on app 2000 Windows mobile 6.5 PDA's (with scanner) and have lots of performance issues with the propreitairy Motorola PocketBrowser. I've installed Opera Mobile and the performance is superb, however I'm not able to load the ActiveX (DLL) to (de)activate the scanner.